Have you tried to embed a YouTube video on a page or post of your blogsite only to have the code vanish when you edited the page/post? You sat there scratching your head as “this never used to happen!” Well there is good reason why this is suddenly happening (or why it will happen to you in the future). You see YouTube recently changed the embed code they offer from basic html code to “iframe” code.
Iframe code gets stripped out of WordPress’ page and post editor whenever you return to the post/page to edit it. This is why it keeps disappearing on you.
To fix this issue and prevent it from happening in the future, choose “User old embed code” within the options that YouTube offers. Below are step by step instructions.
- Find the YouTube video you want to embed on your site.
- Click “Embed” located underneath the video.
- Check all the options that apply and check “Use old embed code”.
- Copy the code.
- Head back to the post/page you are editing and input “zzz” where you want the video to appear (this is just a temporary placeholder to make it easy for you to find the spot where you want the video in the next step)
- Click the “HTML” tab on the top right of the editor.
- Locate the “zzz” placeholder you created in step 5.
- Paste the YouTube code where the “zzz” is.
- Save/Publish your post/page!
Did you enjoy this tip? More tips just like this one are available in my book: “Does This Blogsite Make My Wallet Look Fat?” Grab your copy!