Warning: Use of undefined constant user_level - assumed 'user_level' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/customer/www/wpblogsites.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-google-analytics/ultimate_ga.php on line 524
As a blogger and business owner you want your blog visitors to have a pleasant experience on your blog yes? I hope so! 🙂 One of the things you can do to keep them happy is to ensure that each link on your site is working. I wouldn’t expect you to go through each one of your blog posts and pages and test each link! *gasp* Of course there is a plugin that does this for you.
The broken link checker plugin goes through all of your blog’s content and lets you know links are broken. You won’t have to go back and edit every individual post to remove or edit each broken link, as it allows you to take action on each link right in the report.
How to Install and Use the “Broken Link Checker”:
- Click on “Plugins” in the left menu bar
- Click “Add New”
- Input “broken link checker” in the search field
- Click “Search Plugins”
- Locate the “broken link checker” plugin from the list and click “Install Now”
- When asked “Are you sure you want to install this plugin?” click “ok”.
- Now that the plugin installed we must activate it by clicking “Activate Plugin”
- Now we will review our settings by going to Settings -> Link Checker
- You will want to review the settings in all of the tabs but you can ignore the “Protocols & APIs” tab
- The General tab will link to a list of broken links if there are any. If any exist, click on the link.
- Review each link and either edit or unlink the broken links. (If you hover over the link a sub-menu with these options will appear.
In my upcoming teleclass “The 3 Tasks Every Blogsite Owner Needs to do Before 2011” I’ll be covering tips just like this one to get your blog ready to keep readers happy and bring in the revenue you desire in the new year! I look forward to hearing you on the call on December 15th!